After almost 25 years at the Hall Tavern Farm in Charlemont, we are moving to a new location. Our new address is 1400 Mohawk Trail, in Shelburne, MA. We are in the process of renovating the building formally known as Jed’s Cider Mill. It is a beautiful location right on Rt. 2, with a stream running right behind the studio, and Kenburn Orchards’ Christmas tree farm in the background. The new space will provide many new advantages.
- Increased shop space. The shop will have about 25% more floor area, allowing work to flow better through the shop, and space for more work benches.
- Increased storage. I will now have a warm, dry place to store all the wood, furniture, and sundry items that are currently scattered all over the place.
- Improved visibility. The studio is right off of the Mohawk Trail, with plenty of parking, and a sign to say we are here! It is just 2.5 miles outside of Greenfield, making it accessible to locals, as well as folks coming up 91 from Connecticut and NYC.
- Saw Shed. Down back I have a shed to store my sawmill, and all the slabs that are air drying.
- Gallery. And most of all, I am looking forward to finally having my own place to show my work. Once open, it will be primarily open on Saturdays and by appointment. During holiday and foliage season, we will increase hours. And from the gallery there will be viewing areas to see what we are currently working on. (Or sitting having a cup of coffee!)
As the work moves forward, I will be posting photos of our progress. And when we are done, there will be a big open house to show off our new digs. Stay tuned!